Re: anti or antique heidegger?

In a message dated 27/10/2004 02:33:07 GMT Standard Time, phil@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
writes:

In article <12c.4eb11522.2ea8f2b1@xxxxxxx>, GEVANS613@xxxxxxx writes
>give solicitous Jews bearing gifts
>the bum's rush [Celan]

Heidegger attended a poetry reading by Celan. The two later met,
one to one, three times. They exchanged some letters of which a few
have been published. But we know very little about what took place
at those meetings. Linguistically the gift was from Heidegger to
Celan. He had closely studied Heidegger's work before there was any
idea of a meeting.
--
Philip Baker

In article <12c.4eb11522.2ea8f2b1@xxxxxxx>, GEVANS613@xxxxxxx writes
>give solicitous Jews bearing gifts
>the bum's rush [Celan]

Philip Baker
Heidegger attended a poetry reading by Celan. The two later met,
one to one, three times. They exchanged some letters of which a few
have been published. But we know very little about what took place
at those meetings. Linguistically the gift was from Heidegger to
Celan. He had closely studied Heidegger's work before there was any
idea of a meeting.

Jud:
The term: *the bum's rush* refers to Heidegger's refusal to at least say: *I
am sorry.*
to Celan when the poet visited him in his cabin in Todtnauberg. Celan we
must remember being a Romanian Jew who
had lost both parents during the war. His parents refused to go into hiding
and they were taken to death camps, where they died afterward. According to
some sources, they were shot. During World War II Celan was sent to a
forced-labour camp, where he worked until heavy snow forced it to close. Celan
managed to survive the Holocaust, although he was imprisoned until 1943.

After reading at Freiburg University Celan visited Heidegger's famous cabin
in Todtnauberg, but what they talked about is unknown. Celan's entry in the
logbook was ambiguous: "Into the cabin logbook, with a view toward the
Brunnenstern, with hope of a coming word in the heart."

The ambiguous *word* that Celan referred to in Heidegger's visitor's book is
obviously the word *sorry*

Regards,

Jud

Personal Website:
_http://evans-experientialism.freewebspace.com/index.htm_
(http://evans-experientialism.freewebspace.com/index.htm)
E-mail Discussion List:
nominalism@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

--- StripMime Warning -- MIME attachments removed ---
This message may have contained attachments which were removed.

Sorry, we do not allow attachments on this list.

multipart/alternative
text/html
---