Re: The Sewer's Suppressio Veri

calypso_1001_2000@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

In all the vitriol between the two 'men', Jud wrote

Someone [from this list] posted me
two pics of you which he found somewhere on
the net - It was THEIR subject heading that read:
*Voila! The Bald
Pain-in-the Arse Dwarf.*

Jud, you just won'r stop will you?

Jud:
When I'm riled - no.

Calypso
Fancy bringing up
stuff like that, and you complain bitterly when he
merely used the f-word in the crude but not swearing
manner.

Jud:
You treat an ad hominemical attacker like a enemy to be hurt - simple as
that.

Calypso:
You must be a very unhappy soul.

Jud:
On the contrary taking the piss out of idiots is a turn on and adds to my
overflowing pot of happiness, loving, beautiful wife, nine great
loving children, nice home, 42inch plasma TV, health, vast library, lots of
old friends and old wine, nice village [drug and violence-free]
I am taking the piss a bit here I know [the TV etc] but I am surrounded by
love. When I pick the three young ones up from school they run across the
playground and fling themselves into my arms. Yes I am a very happy man and also
a contented one. My *debt to society* is fulfilled by fighting ignorance and
superstition with the tools I have available - my computer and my
intelligence. Heideggerianism appears to me to be the most virulent form of nescience
and superstition in the West right now - here in Britain anyway, where
religion is a dead duck [USA is a different case and Holland too with its religious
assassinations,) so Heideggerianism is the little ill-gotten corner of
nescience which I have chosed to shine the weak light of my efforts upon.

They used to charge people to enter Bedlam and view the inmates - here some
of the cage-doors swing open and the inhabitants are viewable for free.
I'll put the word out in Analysisland that Aliceinland - is free to tourists
- we might get more visitors.
Now the Bostonian duck-shooter has been back-heeled people are on the
lookout for new sources of amusement.

Calypso:
You may have grit but it must be wearing away at your insides with
all that proudly confessed hatred.

Jud:
Even for the sort of character's like John Wayne or Charles Bronson [not my
favourite actors] play on the screen hatred is a turn-on for the audience
longing to see the thugs get their com-uppance. Everyone longs to see Bronson
shoot the baddies and Wayne plug the murdering bandit. Responding to the thugs
on this list is just my own way of equalising the score. As with the Bronson
(not my favourite actor} character, turning the other cheek is not on the
cards as far as I am concerned.

Calypso: Is there not enough
hate in this world without adding to it?

Jud:
Ask the thugs. Hate doesn't exist - only hateful people. I consider the
goons that infest this list and drag it down to be hateful people.
Now that there is no Anthony to vent their hate and frustration upon - they
have only me. I accept the role willingly.
Though I note that the mega-name-dropping poser has now turned on Rene and
started to insult him too.
There's always room for a little more hate it seems - half the population of
America have just voted for a continuance of it - it's all the rage.
I wonder if it will continue to be exported across the Atlantic to here - or
will Blair be swept away by a contemptuous electorate?
Trouble is the economy has never been better, and I worry that the Brits
will put their bellies before their standards of morality.

Calypso:
And that would be forgivable if you did not produce very bad
philosophy.

Jud:
Bad like a bogyman in the well-ordered nursury of your *philosophy* you
mean?
At least there is some recognition that it [materialism/nominalism] IS a
philosophy, and for that I thank you.
If you think it to be bad then let's have some details of why you think that
is the case. I have written reams on what I consider to
be bad about your *philosophy,* but you haven't even attampted to answer my
allegations that *Being*
is phony [see my letter to Jan]
*Yah Boo! your nominalistic philosophy stinks!* - is not philosophical
discourse - it is the turf war philosophy of the playground.
Also claiming that other philosophies which don't agree with your version
not to be philosophy at all - or to be a *rejection of philosophy* or even not
even to be *thinking* [as per the pundit of Sturm und Drang Pennnamacoor]
is childish to the point of being utterly ridiculous.

Calypso:
Some might get off on some of that, your
being the proud deluded straw man, or like Rene seeing
something somewhat romantic in your rejections (mostly
what you say on this list is negative and horridly
repetitive), but not I.

Jud:
Oh, so the pack is turning on the leader now is it?
There is something that Rene understands which you lack the sensitivity to
grasp.
He is more perceptive than you give him credit for. The dullards that yap
around his ankles
and criticise him are not fit to lick his boots.

Calypso:
Not only bad philosophy but a
nastiness that reminds me of the worst of the gutter
press when they get their teeth into some self-created
'scandal'.

Jud:
The performance of the thugs on this list is the scandal not me.
It was Heidegger that joined the N---P---- not me - so he caused the scandal.
Why be so selective? Doesn't THEIR nastiness remind you of the worst of the
gutter?
No? I wonder why? Could it be that they are raving Heideggerians and I am
not I wonder?

Calypso:
As has been said before you do not listen
you only proclaim, and you proclaim the same again and
again.

Jud:
But that is EXACTLY what YOU are doing now - proclaiming without listening
Selectively blaming one and not the other
Talking with fools requires repetition.

Calypso:
And whilst Socrates might be seen to support
such a manoeuvre (everyone says something different
but I say the same always, or something like that, I
forget the place in Plato, perhaps you can help me)

Jud:
Plato? I dunno - unless you are referring to Plato's well known increase in
repetition in the Timaeus
as opposed to his earlier work? There is a lack of fluidity in the Timaeus
and the connotations are on certain occasions obscure,
and there is a greater use of apposition and more of repetition than occurs
in Plato's earlier stuff. Others may disagree on my opinion.

Calypso
I cannot but sigh and feel irritated.

Jud:
Who do you think you are Sarah Bernhardt faced with a bad floor-manager?

Calypso:
But when this boring repetition is combined with terrible insults of
a highly personal nature it's not hard to understand
why you might be regarded as a genuine troll.

Jud:
On the odd occasion when you actually do make a contribution -you keep
repeating yourself with Heideggerian
or transcendentalist banalities and mantras - why?
Don't you realise you are beginning to sound like
a kettle calling the pot black, or an echolaliacal schoolmarm from a girls
reformatory?

Calypso:
I do not really think that that is all you are,

Jud:
Wow! OK, fine. You might pass this opinion on to the thugs, but I have the
impression
they are too boneheaded to perceive it the way that you [and some others] do.

Calypso:
I think you do try to engage in philosophical discussion but as I
said earlier this is so overlaid with vitriol and
fisticuffs and very bad philosophy that it is
inevitable that you find a fund of aggression building
up over the years you've been participating.

Jud:
The vitriol leaves me cold and unaffected. You have to look at the pattern
as a whole.
Ad hom ALWAYS starts with the Heidyites - and I ALWAYS respond to it.
Do you REALLY think that I would have put up with FOUR YEARS of abuse - if
it bothered me?
Been there. Done it. Bought the necessary body-armour.

Calypso:
Most importantly hatred is never a successful way to
criticize the work of a philosopher. Only respectful
critique however sharp (think of Marx on Hegel or
Nietzsche on almost everyone; Marx had much to thank hegel for [the
dialectic etc.,

Jud:
I owe Heidegger no favours - only six-million disfavours
Nietzsche slated [attacked] religion with gusto.

Calypso
they never resorted to hateful diatribe but respected their dire enemies,

Jud:
Heidegger stabbed Husserl in the back silently that is true.

Calypso:
found them magnificent in their emnity, and of course
we know that Heidegger rather than even critique
tended towards a more archeological dig of the
thinking of his predecessors and contemporaries, not
to mention the late Derrida).

Jud:
Then you need to re-read Heidegger's speech on Husserl's birthday.
It contains probably the slyest put-down in philosophical history.
If you wish to prove your powers of hermeneutical perception - find i
What's that? Heidegger didn't critiscise people?

Hmmm - you need to read his critical reports on his colleagues to the N---
authorities then.
Has someone deliberately been keeping you in the dark?
He rely on archeological digs into the thinking of his contemporaries,
he just lifted an eyebrow then lifted the telephone...to the Gestapo.
Pussyfooting around the Dr Crippen of Philosophy is not my bag - you haven't
got the message yet
IT'S HIS IDEAS I HATE - HE IS JUST THE DUMBO FALL-GUY - The Jerry Lewis
figure in the comedy of transcendentalism.

Calypso:
Sorry to go on but you
are the most despicable and irritating interlocutor
and I will follow Michael P, your dwarf, in totally
ignoring you on this list.

Jud:
I had him pegged as my fool actually [in the Shakespearean sense of course.
No more Anna and the King of Siam governess-style talkee-talkee-pretty-talk
from you? OH MY GOD! Where will I LOOK for IDEAS?
Leastways - its' one less Heideggerian ad homimistic Heidyite I'll have to
deal with. ;-)

cheers

Calypso

=====
"men are something that must be overcome" [apo-calypso]

I am tempted to twist the above to add something very funny to this - but I
will resist the temptation - for I have more respect for the opposite gender
than you appear to have for mine.

Regards,

Jud

Personal Website:
_http://evans-experientialism.freewebspace.com/index.htm_
(http://evans-experientialism.freewebspace.com/index.htm)
E-mail Discussion List:
nominalism@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

--- StripMime Warning -- MIME attachments removed ---
This message may have contained attachments which were removed.

Sorry, we do not allow attachments on this list.

multipart/alternative
text/html
---