Re: your mail

On Tue, 11 Aug 1998, richard smith wrote:

> Have any of you fine people read, heard of a two volume work on H
> andtechnology by william lovitt and wife? It is very pricey, published
> by the Mellon Foundation. Lovitt translated "die frage nach der
> technic"

I'm not sure if I count as "fine" people, but, yes, I've read it. Maybe
it was because I had already read so much exegesis of Heidegger's
writings on technology (not to mention a large bulk of Heidegger's own
writings on the subject) that I didn't find it particularly helpful. You
could read his introduction to "The Question Concerning Technology" and
get pretty much the same gist. If you are looking for a detailed
reading/repetition of Heidegger on technology, it would be useful.