RE: Heidegger in the Owl of Minerva

>A few days ago I received in the mail the latest issue of _The Owl of
>Minerva_, the journal of the Hegel Society of America. The issue began
>with a few words from the editor, Prof. Lawrence Stepelevich, about the
>Hegel mailing list, how good it is to have such a thing, how Hegel would
>have approved of this use of technology, etc. But there was also the
>following paragraph:
>
>"Yet I have not been able to find any circles of Heideggerians among the
>philosophical groups in the various 'Internet Directories.' That there
>would be no Heidegger discussion might be expected, since Heidegger
>harbored a great distrust of 'unifying the world', as it threatened
>the loss of 'locality'. Given these doubts, the development of a global
>communications network, a technological Unverborgenheit, could only
>but further weaken the already thin contact with Being. Be this as it
>may, I have not been able to find out if there was a telephone in
>der Hutte. I suspect not."
>
>I would like to suggest that we all write to Prof. Stepelevich and inform
>him of his error, and demand a correction be printed in the next issue,
>lest this disinformation be any more widely disseminated or accepted as
>true.
>
>Prof. Stepelevich's address:
>stepelevi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>or
>stepelevi@vuvaxcom
>
>The Hegel List is at
>hegel-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
>(although I don't think you can post to it unless you are subscribed)
>
>Jeff
>

> --- from list heidegger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ---

One suspects that insufficient research leads but to erroneous conclusions.

Perhaps those not in the know could benefit from my most current project,
listed below - the PIRK. Should you care for a copy, please let me know.

Yours in Unverborgenheit,

Micheal.

-------------------------------------
Micheal vanPelt,PhD
Chair, Humanities Division
Philander Smith College
Little Rock AR 72202 USA
Off: 501-370-5339; Res: 501-666-7199
E-mail: us005330@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Athor - Philosopher's Internet Resource Kit
- everything you might want to know about philosophy
resources available on and thru the Internet.
Date: 05/19/95
Time: 10:09:29

This message was sent by Chameleon