Re: [mpisgmedia] international city and international experts

this is cute. see also:
Centre mulls new norms for FDI in township development

http://www.hindu.com/2005/01/02/stories/2005010202880900.htm
they should all come join delhi's freaky
private-plan-making party (with half-century of
compulsory land acquisition and open-arms bhagidari
governance to facilitate fun and games). I assume
their AUC will fix architecture and planning
education.

--- prakash <mindware@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

http://cities.expressindia.com/fullstory.php?newsid=112175

> Pitroda?s plan to change slums in the city
>
> Chicago?s International Institute of Design
> and city builder to draw up blueprint for Kalmadi?s
> dream
>
> Express News Service
>
> Pune, December 29: FORMER ADVISOR to the Rajiv
> Gandhi government Sam Pitroda on Wednesday said he
> is co-ordinating with a city-based builder and the
> International Institute of Design, Chicago to change
> the face of slums in Pune.
>
> Speaking to mediapersons after being conferred
> a D.Litt by the Symbiosis International Education
> Center (SIEC), Pitroda reaffirmed his commitment to
> MP Suresh Kalmadi?s plan of rehabilitating the slums
> in the city. Kalmadi, had especially got Pitroda to
> Pune on election eve to announce a special slum
> rehabilitation package.
>

> Pitroda said the Chicago institute has already
> started working on a sustainable business model to
> change the lives of slum-dwellers. Pitroda explained
> that the institute is working from scratch after
> studying the lifestyle of slum-dwellers. ?They have
> designed a big waterbag that can be hung. It is
> supposed to replace the multiple cans and vessels
> that slum-dwellers use to store water,? he
> explained. Similarly, the design institute has
> worked out a new kind of washing system (dhobi
> ghat), water delivery system and even a bill payment
> mechanism for slum-dwellers. ?The whole issue now is
> to develop a business model that will be patronised
> by the users (slum-dwellers),? said Pitroda. Sudhir
> Mandke, a Pune-based businessman selected for the
> job, said, ?The first step is to stop new slums.
> Then, to identify existing slums and rehabilitate
> them,? said Mandke.
>
> Pitroda in his speech prescribed formation of
> Autonomous University Commission (AUC) with freedom,
> flexibility and powers to expand enrollment from
> seven million students now to 20 million students
> per year in five years.
>
> Rahul Bajaj, Chairman and Managing Director of
> Bajaj Auto, in his address said there should be
> better match between expectations of industry and
> syllabi in academic institutes.
>

> ATTACHMENT part 1.2 application/octet-stream
name=adlog.php?bannerid=645&clientid=113&zoneid=313&source=&block=0&capping=0&cb=82d2311a577cb0da5ec333b3ee1064d5