Re: [mpisgmedia] Post-facto regularisation: Liberalisation dictates, planners update (after 5 years!)

I have a plannerly problem with Petrol Pumps. They are
always at the centre of some oily controversy in which
land allotment, convenos, etc, are purely incidental.
Yet much is made of what the Plan or planners did or
did not do about them. As long as a Petrol Pump site
sells fuel, as a planner I could hardly care less who
was allotted it or if the chap has a shop on it since
all that does not disturb the space allocation budget
that is my job to fret about.
Come to think of it, I would recommend
Petrol-Pump-Property-Development in JV with DMRC maybe
with SPV for overall management and Special-Cell in
CM's aesthetics committee - would improve brand equity
of Pump-walas, give progressives and aestheticians
plenty to do, raise for DMRC the money it says it
needs to not raise fares, save the city from ludicrous
metro-property-development all over.

http://www.hindu.com/2005/05/13/stories/2005051313700400.htm