Re: Faciality

Check out this paper by Anna Gibbs on Hanson and the contagion of
affect. "Contagious Feelings: Pauline Hanson and the Epidemiology of
Affect" which can be found on:

http://www.lib.latrobe.edu.au/AHR/

---has to be one of the more interesting uses of D&G's
faciality concept I have read, where D&G only make a footnote,
perhaps.... Everything is there, in a way, with
the added excitement that Silvan Tomkin's affect has been deployed
as the probe head. I find that face Plateau difficult and
complex in ATP, perhaps because it involves a reversal of Hegel.
Hegel dragged poetry (kicking and screaming) towards the Absolute and
the universal face of God, to face judgment. D&G reverse Hegel
by saying the universal is a false infinity and so a universal is
finite and limited. There is also the dualism of blackhole and white
face. This cannot be escaped by returning to a primitive head and so
dualism and judgment can only be taken apart from the inside, in this
case by Tomkins Affect Theory used as a probe head.

A further connection can be added into this. The connection between
poetry or poetics and television. Something I have seen little
discusion of.