ART: Nudes. Feminism.

From: IN%"[email protected]" "Art Criticism Discussion Forum" 30-JUL-199
2
11:04:51.33
To: Howard Lawrence <[email protected]>
CC:
Subj: sex positive feminism

Date: Thu, 30 Jul 1992 09:57:29 CDT
From: "Finagle, etc. (Durflinger,Edward M)" <[email protected]>
Subject: sex positive feminism
Sender: Art Criticism Discussion Forum <[email protected]>
To: Howard Lawrence <[email protected]>

Anyone who thinks that sex positive feminism disallows nudity in a sexual
content is working with blinders on. This means that you must disallow the
works of Pat Califia (Macho Sluts), SAMOIS (Coming to Power), Suzie Bright
(Suzie Sexpert's books, _On Our Backs_), Annie Sprinkle (performance art
pieces), Kathy Acker (writer, _Hannibal Lecter, my brother_), and many,
many other tough, capable feminist writers and artists who are determined
to reinscribe the erotic without exploitation.

Read RE/Search's last issue, _Angry Women_, for more background on these
and other joyful, powerful, angry, sex-positive feminist artists.

Name: E.M. Durflinger | Finagle's Law:
Aliases: Finagle, Stigmata | The perversity of the univers
Email: [email protected] | tends towards a maximum.
durfling@xxxxxxxxxxx |
durfling@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx | "Don't just eat that hamburger--
wrnc97b (*prodigy*) | eat the HELL out of it!"
Bear code: B4/7 f+ w dc g+ k++! s(+) r- p| --J.R. "Bob" Dobbs
Phone: +1-515-269-3348 |
USnail Mail: |
Bx 4-66 Grinnell Co. |++++I am a .sig virus! Copy me
Grinnell, IA 50112 | into your .sig file and aid