ART: Sound Sculpture. San Francisco, California.

- - The original note follows - -

Newsgroups: alt.architecture
From: asrlh1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: sound o space- SF tide tubes
Sender: news@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (USENET News System)
Date: Mon, 8 Feb 1993 16:38:16 GMT

a really great sound sculpture is in san francisco, near the saint francis
yacht club ( i think ) it consists of tubes that are placed at different depths
in the water. when the tide is comming in or going out the tubes make different
noises. it's also a pretty place to ( oops can i say pretty in an architecture
news group?) be as well, the view is great and there are all these benches
around that are made of old concrete pilings, old ceramic tiles, etc... the
best thing is that it's close to my best friends house ( ha ha ha) but it's
truly a great spot ( i think that the book More Bay Area Back Roads by Jerry
Graham will have precise info on it - or mail me and i'll get directions from
my friend)

becky lee harper
asrlh1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

p.s. it's a great make-out spot i've been told!