SOLAR POWER

I've just bought an older house (in the San Francisco bay area).

Heating is not adequate in the house, and the 100 amp service is just
barely sufficient now for the three living units in the house.

Before exploring new central heat to replace an old gas in-wall unit,
and/or electric baseboard that might need higher amp service into the
house, I'd like to know where we've come on commercially available solar
technology. We get lots more sunshine than I used to get in New England,
and perhaps it now pays to go solar.

Last time I checked (dozen years ago or so), the payback time for
installing solar was about 15 years, and the lifespan of the equipment
was about 15 years, and the equipment wasn't highly efficient.

I'd be most grateful for any updates on what is now available in solar
for heat, electric power, and/or hot water systems. Inclusion of data on
costs, lifespan, and efficiency would be helpful, as would referrals to
any specific sources/dealers whom you have found to provide quality
service.

Please respond by email to me <rickk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> with your information.
I will be happy to forward a summary of the responses to those who ask.

Many thanks!!
-- Practice random kindness and senseless acts of beauty!
(rickk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx)