GENERAL: Popular Culture List, NEW.

From: IN%"MONTGOMERY@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" "Peter Montgomery" 26-AUG-1993
20:25:49.62
To: IN%"HRL@xxxxxxxxxxxx"
CC:
Subj: RE: NEW: POPCULT - discussion of all aspects of popular culture

Date: Thu, 26 Aug 1993 17:14:53 -0700 (PDT)
From: Peter Montgomery <MONTGOMERY@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: NEW: POPCULT - discussion of all aspects of popular culture
To: HRL@xxxxxxxxxxxx

On Thursday, 26 Aug 1993, at,
thus spake HRL@xxxxxxxxxxxx:

H>DO YOU see your list as being closely connected to ART and ARCHITECTURE?
H>[Basic or Applied Design?] Thanks. Howard, Owner, DESIGN-L@PSUVM

I don't see popular culture too concerned with ARCHITECTURE per se, but
obviously its is concerned to some extent with interior design, but
in no major way.

ART is another question. I don't see popular culture very preoccupied
with ART in any of the traditional senses, but obviously visual
culture today is concerned with all kinds of personal and craft designed.

My own focus is on the effects of electronic culture and on building
bridges between pop and traditional culture, esp. for the purposes of
teaching literature. Joseph Campbell is an important example.

Are you concerned about duplication/competition?

Peter
* Peter Montgomery Montgomery@xxxxxxxxxxxxx *
* Exitus effigium effigies exituum *