GENERAL: EI...?

From: IN%"[email protected]" "Art Criticism Discussion Forum" 8-SEP-1993
13:05:59.11
To: IN%"HRL@xxxxxxxxxxxx" "Howard Lawrence"
CC:
Subj: Electronic Imaging

Date: Wed, 8 Sep 1993 08:55:00 -0700
From: DEREK MASSELINK 565-4165 <DMASSELINK@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Electronic Imaging
Sender: Art Criticism Discussion Forum <[email protected]>
To: Howard Lawrence <HRL@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Yes EI is exciting and opens up a whole new creative field for visual artists to
explore, however, I doubt it will replace the brush or the pencil. If anyone
wants to find out more about this exciting new field I highly recommend picking
up a copy of the September issue of Camera and Darkroom. Most of this issue is
dedicated to the topic of EI and the work of two visual artists [photographers]
is highlighted. Very interesting stuff!! I would be interested in finding out if
there are any college or university art programmes offerring instruction
in EI?

DM in Prince George