ARCHITECTURE: Solar Domes.

From: IN%"[email protected]" "List for the discussion of Buckminster
Fuller's works" 28-OCT-1993 19:14:51.01
To: IN%"[email protected]" "Multiple recipients of list GEODESIC"
CC:
Subj: RE: solar energy

Date: Thu, 28 Oct 1993 16:14:17 CST
From: Tom Dosemagen <dosemagt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: solar energy
Sender: List for the discussion of Buckminster Fuller's works
<[email protected]>
To: Multiple recipients of list GEODESIC <[email protected]>

I have a dome and tried to find solar panels to be installed on the
dome. I had no luck finding such a beast so I installed 320 square
feet of panels on the ground close to the dome and ran all connections
under ground into the basement. I live in south central Wisconsin and
my experience with solar is not the greatest. My system works fine, but
in order for the system to work the sun has to shine. That doesn't
happen alot here until late February or early March. My advise to
people in our paart of country is to take the money you were going to
spend on solar and invest it. Then take your interest money and pay for
conventional heat. My dome is 44 feet in diameter and with a 90%
efficient furnace and my total heating bill for one season is right
around $350.00. My exterior walls are framed with 2x6's. With thicker
around $350.00. My exterior walls are framed with 2x6's. With thicker
dome walls I'm sure that I could lower my heating costs by quite a bit.
Sorry about all of the screw ups in this message. I'm just a lousy
typist.