Layout & Window query

Let me first thank all those who have replied to earlier posts, and to the
very helpful attitudes from everyone on this list. Now, these q's:

Layout buttons: Is there any harm in giving buttons in different layouts
the same name eg. naming a, say, scripted button "bPrint" in different
layouts. Note that I am referring to names, not just the text displayed in
the button. I realise that if two layouts with the same named
button/variable were active 4D could become very confused, but if I can
guarantee the layouts are mutually exclusive, as it were....?

Windows and layouts: I want to place layouts in nicely fitting windows. Got
it working for an output layout by placing the Open Window in the calling
procedure.
Q1: Why does this not work when I put the Open Window in the Before part of
the Output layout proc?
Q2: How do I do this for the Input layout? Tried putting the Open Window in
the During phase of the Output layout's procedure (as coded according to
the manual for Modify Selection), but I just get an empty window opened
then covered by the original full-screen input window.
Garry Stevens
Dept of Architectural and Design Science
University of Sydney
NSW 2006
AUSTRALIA