Re: becoming an architect??how?

- - The original note follows - -

From: jalvarez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Joe Alvarez)
Subject: Re: becoming an architect??how?
Date: 19 Mar 1994 12:47:30 -0800

error@hell wrote:
> I'm really interested in becoming a acrhitect... but.. I have now idea of
> what exactly what you need to become one.... like for schooling of it...
> what type of degrees can you get to help u in beoming one.. any info
> would be great...:).. especially bout how to start and where :)... thanks

Make sure you know what you want. I got a degree and decided not to go into
the profession when I saw how depressing it can be. Of course, I live in
California, where the recession is still alive and going strong. Lots of
potential litigation, not nearly the freedom to design what you want, and
lots of politics make architecture a very tough profession.

Several professionals I know have told me they would not do it all overa
again. Oh, by the way, it has an unusuallly high divorce rate.

Hope that helps.

Joe