Re: VR and arch/design

Yes, Robert, thanks for your reply (original of which follows). However.
Does this allow the equivalent of "hand work?" In other words, can I
create the same shapes that I can create with Ren shape and a set of
riffler rasps? My experience with CAD applications is that the curves
which are created are based in a certain mathematics. The shapes I create
by hand, however, do not conform to those mathematics. I am, of course,
wanting to create the "by hand" shapes, not the "computer limited"
shapes. This happens with any design that uses complex curved surface
modeling - furniture (ergonomic office chairs) hand-held shapes, etc. It
is a major shortcoming which keeps those of us who work in such form
language still working by hand with foam or Ciba-Tool (Renshape) in the
shop.

S/he who solves this shortcoming will be thanked by all...
Regards,
Katherine

Katherine Bennett kbid@xxxxxxxxxx
Katherine Bennett Industrial Design