Re: Cynical view of Decon!

John,
I'm glad you liked my reference to hardware (3" Sch. 80 pipe). I use things
like that because it makes the joke funnier, but now that I think about it,
I've noticed that doing things like that have a direct influence on meaning:
if you don't know anything about pipe, "3" Sch. 80" means nothing, but if
you do, you know it'll hurt quite a bit more than, say, 2" Sch. 10.

I sometimes write little prose poems for my presentation boards that explain
the design intent or smething else about the project; I intentionally phrase
things in such a way (hopefully) so a particular stanza has two or three
different meanings, depending on how you read it. In any case, though, I
intend the derived meanings to be directly related to the project, not
arbitrary. But I guess that's up to the reader, huh?

I just do it for fun, as a kind of word game, but is there more to it?

Mark