Re: Design List Muzzling

Steve, for someone who claims inexperience with this medium, I'd say
you've written a pretty fair troll. The destructive patterns of this
medium, alas, are much easier to find than the creative ones.

Beyond that, there are some issues here you are perhaps not aware of:
I'm getting charged for the disk space those messages occupy. That's
a minor issue as far as I'm concerned, however some other users have
more of an issue with it. On top of that, some accounts are
restricted in the amounts of traffic they're allowed--I believe that
includes many student accounts and AOL (would any of you AOL users
comment, please?)

There is a long-standing Usenet custom for dealing with large messages;
one splits them off into a separate place, where sites with the
resources can accept them, and other sites not. Hmmm. perhaps we
could use an FTP or Web site for this?

R.