Human response, knee-jerk response?

Stephen,
Thank you for taking the time and effort to respond to my tirade; I deserve
much less than you gave, and that's a sure sign of caring on your part.

In our increasingly pluralistic society, there is _so_ much room for
different viewpoints and approaches, I should know by now that humility
calls for an honest attempt to accommodate them. I can't help but be
concerned, though, when ANY PARTICULAR approach is proposed as being
appropriate for any given situation, whether that approach be Modernist,
Green, Decon, etc. That's when ideals become mere dogma and undermine
their intent, no matter how good.

I constantly complain that trying to understand poststructuralist thinking
gives me a headache; maybe I need to load up on Aleve and just dive in!

No, Stephen, I don't think I'd like to take you on at hoops; I'm a Hoosier
only by locale and marriage (being from Pittsburgh, I barely know what a
basketball looks like!). I'd have to recruit an I.U.ophile to come take
care of you!

Even though I know eastern basketball is really better!

Mark