Re: Design List Muzzling

>howard,
>i don't get it, enourmous flow? i get 6-10 posts a day, and don't
>consider it a lot. I just want to know really what is going on in terms
>of limits cause it seems absurd to have to curtail postings. How in the
>hell can anyone maintain a dialogue around a thread with one post a day?
>And how many people do you think could speak in one day? Doesn't it seem
>absurd that what you consider moderation would dictate that only 5 or 6
>people say anything at all. I would love it if 50 people posted each day,
>now that is a forum. Really, how much of this is personal bias? Really
>man, think of the architecture of your suggestion!

I get around 20 posts from DESIGN-L and when around three quarters of this
volume was Brian's therapy sessions, I began to wonder if architects etc.
on this list should get a life. More monologue than dialogue, more diatribe
than debate.

I am sure I am not alone in being subscribed to other equally lively lists,
and with regular and pesonal e-mail I get around 50 text communiques every
day. Being locked into e-space becomes a burdensome chore if I skip a few
days through work pressures etc.

However, I have said before listees can skip or trash, and yes, lets have
some more snouts raised above the parapet...

Back to the subject. I would to like to hear some views on the encroachment
of the private car into public space - architecture in tides of steel and
toxic wind, private freedom versus public service, and the resultant
relationship of the individual to the urban fabric.

JW