GENERAL: McLuhan List, NEW.

From: IN%"mclr@xxxxxxxxxxxx" 13-FEB-1995 23:11:06.62
To: IN%"[email protected]" "Multiple recipients of list NEW-LIST"
CC:
Subj: NEW: McLuhan-List - McLuhan Media Theory

Date: Mon, 13 Feb 1995 21:56:32 CST
From: Robert Appel <mclr@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: NEW: McLuhan-List - McLuhan Media Theory
Sender: NEW-LIST - New List Announcements <[email protected]>
To: Multiple recipients of list NEW-LIST <[email protected]>

McLuhan-list on majordomo@xxxxxxxxxxxx

McLuhan-list is operated by Project McLuhan, a joint venture between
two non-profit groups based in Toronto Canada, the Marshall McLuhan
Center For Global Communications and the McLuhan Center For Media
Sciences. It has been in the works for some time. The Project's
mission is to "revitalize and update the work of the late media guru,
using McLuhan process analysis to investigate trends, patterns, and
projections within our socio-cultural matrix".

Special emphasis is on all forms of marketing, advertising, and
communication theory. The Project's intent is to release to the
public work they have been doing since the 80s -- all material that
is not presently considered "confidential" to the originating client
will be released. This includes some fascinating stuff -- such as
the relationship between serial murders and unregulated technology,
and the future of the Internet itself. Lots of stuff on what makes
advertising work, or not work. Moderated, low traffic.

To subscribe to McLuhan-list, send the following command to
Majordomo@xxxxxxxxxxxx:

SUBSCRIBE McLUHAN-LIST

Owner: McLuhan Center Comm Office MCLR@xxxxxxxxxxxx

DISCLAIMER: NEW-LIST announcements are edited from information
provided by the original submitter. We do NOT verify the technical
accuracy nor any claims made in the announcements nor do we
necessarily agree with them. We do not warranty or guarantee any
services which might be announced - use at your own risk. For more
information send e-mail to LISTSERV@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with the command
GET NEW-LIST README in the body. mgh