Re: The Diamond Age

Thanks to R. Fritz for apropos report on the science fiction gen(i)us.

Not unlike this list, sci fi's marginality positions it to make astute
observations
and contest literature's constraints: social, political, technological,
literary critiques nonpareil. We should so covet our own list's margin.

It's worth also noting that like this list, SF culture offers
participatory mechanisms that reject the modernist idea of author as
authority figure: a thousand fanzines worldwide disseminate response
and commentary from readers displaying intelligence, passion,
genre loyalty exceeding that of other literary fans.
Authors take reader interventions to heart.

So here's to more of design-l as an architecture of science fiction.