Re: Techne as Performance

>Thus I have a request that may satisfy the yearnings of Stephen. Are
>there any of you on this list that can elaborate on the architectural
>"spirit" mentioned? What do those of you whom are architects interpret
>to be "designer subjectivity"? What are the epistemic functions that
>pivot on the communication of ideas through the architectural, or
>"environmental signs and symbols"? What is the epistemic importance of
>"response" in the forementioned sense? What is the epistemic value of
>architectural "language"?
>
>I am serious about this; so I apologize ahead of time to those who have
>expressed their objectivity anxiety in regard to continental thinkers.
>
>Yours in discourse,
>
>Steven Meinking
>The University Of Utah
>steven.meinking@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

sm:

interesting questions. An unsolicited tip: if you would like responses
from the architects on this list who have not read Foucault (and are thus
unfamiliar with Foucauldian terms like 'epistemic'), rephrase your queries
in more accessible terms. Otherwise, brace yourself for a resounding
silence...

Either way, we appreciate your interest (despite the 'objectivity anxiety'
dig) and we will look forward hearing more about your analysis of lw's
work.

meanwhile, please stay tuned

rma