Re: CADD

Responding to msg by scottcar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ("T. Scott
Carlisle") on

>Re: Johns descriptions of the "grand-challenge" solving
>computers (what, by the way, is a "grad-challenge"
>problem")
>
>What kind of prices tag are we talkin? In case I
>wanted to go and pick one up down at WalMart.
>
>t.sc

Scott,

"Grand-challenge" is the locution for the handful of national
problems which the Feds are funding. I've posted a few of them
here before in supercomp dreamings. I'll dig up the web-site
where it is all explained, at length, and carpet-bomb the list.

The price tags are strictly tailored to 100 times what you and
your extended species can afford. CPU-lifetime-indenture.
Seriously, the manufacturers will give you a price only after
they have sedated you with promo material, otherwise you would
flee screaming.

Just ask Stephen about the deal Columbia had to cut to get
those low-budget SGI door holders. The supercomps compare to
Trump's ex-Princess yacht, which is why we are commiting
Saudi-funded terrorism to get our hands on a half-dozen.