Re: is the NYPD running the list?

On Tue, 11 Feb 1997, USBHoFNCC wrote:

> Issue:
> Perceptability in architecture - image and acessibility(egalitarianism) in
> design and the political/social/economic overlay of its creation.

This issue interests me because I am currently rapping up my study of
collage as space craft of architecture in our time. But, Wayde, you are
accelerating my headache at the same time.

> Question: Whose needs are being served by so-called *democratic* building
> types of New Urbanist developments. To what end are these developments
> being built?

I don't quite see a relation between your issue and questions. But,
I believe that a word "democratic" refers to the public domain. If
correct, any thing democratic would be for social/ public needs in any
manners.
I don't know if there is anything to end (except dinosours). Like history,
neither continuous nor discontinuous, as ONE history, everything always
expands unless one conventionally draws the bottom line for the moment.
Or, I am not just understanding your question???

> Wayde Tardif
> University of Tennessee School of Architecture

Mariko Shioya
Department of Architecture
SUNY at Buffalo

http://www.arch.buffalo.edu/~shioya/