Re: Architectural Books

I would exercise caution in ordering anything from this Ventura Pacific
Books outfit. Having seen their previous post here, I decided to give them
a try and ordered what I thought was a first (out-of-print) edition of
_Delirious New York_ from them. To my surprise, I received the widely
available Monacelli softcover shipped directly from some bookstore in
Seattle and carrying their own price tag of $35. All for $70. Ventura
seems to be nothing more than a clearing house for supposedly
'out-of-print' books. The woman I ordered from admitted that she had never
even seen the book she sold me and knew nothing about its condition other
than what she had been told by the 'warehouse.'

To her credit, upon my protests, she agreed to refund my money and pay
return shipping costs--but who needs the hassle?

FWIW, Ventura's source seems to be Powell's Books in Seattle. I'll bet its
possible to order from them directly.

mcanulty