Ralph Lerner's "Award-Winning" Project for India?

Date: Fri, 28 Mar 1997 11:21:38 -0500
From: Michael Kaplan <mkaplan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: axis

>Deepesh wrote:

>Too often in my school we had discussions which debated the use
and effects of the _axis_

/Sounds like neo-colonialism to me. What ever happened to Ralph Lerner's
"award-winning" project for India?

===================================
Michael Kaplan
Professor of Architecture
University of Tennessee, Knoxville
mkaplan@xxxxxxx

Ralph Lerner visited here for an evening lecture several years ago.
He was expensive, arrogant, but informative---about *his* work on *that*
project. The lecture was interesting, but the person was offensive to
many students.

When the prime minister was assassinated, the project also died.

A more intersting question for me would be, "How did the project
*become* an
'award-winning' project?" [It was a most interesting project, no
doubt.]
It is known that MK was the acquaintance/friend of the prime
minister-to-be
while at Harvard. That still fails to explain the "how."