[no subject]

>>Sounds like neo-colonialism to me. What ever happened to Ralph
>>Lerner's "award-winning" project for India?

In one word: Ennui.
Other reasons cited include lack of funds, inappropriate
technology and "foreign" architecture. There are also unconfirmed
reports that influential Indian architects are throwing up road
blocks on the route of the project (though it is not clear what
they are trying to protect: Indian architecture or Indian pockets).

On a more positive note: Some of the "stop-gap" arrangements made
while the buildings are being built are worth a second look in their
own right. The one I personally like is an exhibition space in the
shape of a spiral covered by a dome. I have been told that this is
the largest stabalized mud dome in Asia. Certainly looks that way.

deepesh

deepesh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Bhopal, India