Re: outstanding women

I second Kaplan's comment. For some reason, perhaps, a consequence of our
litigious orientation, Americans tend to frame issues in terms of the
dominance of one group over another. I found it encouraging when I lived in
Sweden some years ago that many issues were approached in terms of strict
equality and consensus-building rather than dominance. With this in mind, I
hope that design leadership is assumed by outstanding individuals regardless
of their gender (or race, or national origin or anything else except ability).

Regards,

R. Cunningham