confidence

"So true; if only we could all be so confident."

mark

What is it that erodes confidence? The tone of your reply is even
lacking confidence. John Young, despite his desire for translucent
prose, has confidence, for example.

What is it that scares architects? Why are we afraid?

The act of diluting grades so students don't complain to the authorities
is an act of fear. Can someone give me an example of the winning
argument a student made about their critic that the critic could not
belay? If the student was right, then maybe the teacher should go. How
are these complaints evaluated? Is it a closed discussion? It seems to
me that the student, professor and determining authorities should have a
meeting, or exit interview where the 'problems' can be hashed out. Back
room talk will not foster trust between faculty and students.

scott