Re: price of gas

>> It's time we did something about the price of gasoline in America!

Yeah, it's time we raised it to somewhere near the level of European
prices -- about $5.00/gallon. That would begin to cover the hidden costs
of environmental destruction, wasteful use of raw materials,
uncontrollable sprawl and ... wars waged on countries like Iraq to keep
the prices down at artifically low levels.

Raising the price of fuel would, overnight, change the physical
appearance of the country and cut off the life-support system that fuels
the Big Box. You'd see chauffeur-moms (and dads) driving Honda Civics
instead of gas-guzzling SUVs. The US might begin to look something like
Sweden ...