Re: map

Pain mechanisms(?!?!)

Brad, that's a really provocative answer.

There's that book THE BODY IN PAIN (I think the title is correct), and I did
borrow it from the library several years ago. I wonder if there is anything
similar to your suggestion in that (con)text. Also, is that kind of what
fuses do? Are they 'mechanisms' that indicate something is wrong within the
electrical system? I was wondering if they are something like spontaneous
"shut-downs" due to overload or over-stressing of the system. But that's
kind of what pain does too, isn't it?

Pain mechanisms, huh?

ps
Brian's (seizure) post just came in as I was about to send this.