Re: Cuban's fox(y shock?)

Ron asks:
what's the dif between a smoky mountain and an old one?
(rauschenberg and oldenberg)

Steve replies via (what might be termed) deconstruction:
Patrick already provided the distinction between a smoky mountain and an old
mountain. I would have translated Rauschenberg as smoking mountain, but
that's more just like "half dozen of the other." Did you know that
Rauschenberg studied at Smoky Mountain? (in one of the Carolinas) and that's
were he met John Cage--they did that long tire tread "print" together there
(I'm thinking) in the early fifties. Old mountain would be Altenberg (elder
mountain is a betteer translation than old). Oldenberg is/was an (obscure)
city-state or very small principality from the days when central Europe was
nimiety of separate Germanic governments. I'm pretty sure I have an 18th
century postage stamp from Oldenberg somewhere in my basement.

As to the difference between Rauschenberg and Oldenberg, first off there
artworks are different. Both are usually categorized as seminal POP artists,
but I'd say Oldenberg is more specifically mannerist POP, while Rauschenberg
is more specifically alchemical POP. Equality of human rights aside,
Oldenberg is heterosexual and Rauschenberg is homosexual.