Re: a double [post-cinematic] theater?

Samantha, the plan displayed at www.aces.utexas.edu/sam/aces.html looks like
an actual double theater of sorts. Care to make any [yes or no] comments
along these lines?
Steve

i will make some comments in the next few days--i am preparing for a
talk today so must vanish a bit--but i appreciate everyone's
wonderful comments...

what's funny about the space, just as a start-answer, is that the
vocabulary surrounding it (in the scientific communities that use it)
is firm and perceived as completely objective ("it's a visualization
lab")...we have a professor on our team who can't see, and the
questions he asks are among the most eloquent of our group, but among
the most incomprehensible for the technical team members helping us
("they speak their own language", they say about us)...

so there i was the other day, watching a chemistry professor drive a
virtual ferrari through a very bad virtual cityscape in a 3 million
dollar facility when a floating cow traveled across the 180 degree
screen. i thought jesus! that was a floating cow. then i found out
the cow is actually a recreation of bevo, the ut mascot, and that
when it appears onscreen it means the sysadmin is present on the
system. (but it's still a ! floating cow, yes?)

theatre indeed this place is, and we want very much to describe it
and investigate it that way...

more soon,

samantha
--