Re: occupations of place

Hello Brian,

Your questions and observations reminded me of this website- it seems
headed in a similar direction.

The Tears of Llorena: Tending the Exiled Presence of Place
http://Tearsofllorona.com/llorona.html

"This site is dedicated to tending the psyche of people and of places.
I created it to share my doctoral investigations into the relationship
between "personal" or "inner" conflicts and those of the locales we
inhabit, and to reach people who share this concern and connection."

Regards,
Vaughn

> Date: Sun, 28 Mar 2004 14:34:10 -0600
> From: brian carroll <human@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: occupations of place

>Place, in such a context, requires definition.
Occupation, also in such a context, requires
the fact that 'terrorists' exploit this in the name
of a religion, while themselves becoming the
occupiers as with Iraq and other regions. It is
this private ownership of space, by purely a
private power, which endangers many today.
It is natural, artificial, and built environments
in which this occurs, all realms of architecture.
One option is pure destruction, the bulldozing
which the terror seems to do so well, another
is the building, which may also be an act of
violence, unless it is build a place for peace.

bc

--
The Design-L list for art and architecture, since 1992...