occupations of place

> Hello Brian,
>
> Your questions and observations reminded me of this website- it seems
> headed in a similar direction.
>
> The Tears of Llorena: Tending the Exiled Presence of Place
> http://Tearsofllorona.com/llorona.html
>
> "This site is dedicated to tending the psyche of people and of places.
> I created it to share my doctoral investigations into the relationship
> between "personal" or "inner" conflicts and those of the locales we
> inhabit, and to reach people who share this concern and connection."
>
> Regards,
> Vaughn
>
>> Date: Sun, 28 Mar 2004 14:34:10 -0600
>> From: brian carroll <human@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>> Subject: occupations of place
>
>> Place, in such a context, requires definition.
> Occupation, also in such a context, requires
> the fact that 'terrorists' exploit this in the name
> of a religion, while themselves becoming the
> occupiers as with Iraq and other regions. It is
> this private ownership of space, by purely a
> private power, which endangers many today.
> It is natural, artificial, and built environments
> in which this occurs, all realms of architecture.
> One option is pure destruction, the bulldozing
> which the terror seems to do so well, another
> is the building, which may also be an act of
> violence, unless it is build a place for peace.
>
> bc

another could be the old fashioned, primitive (?) tribal sharing .

just like when you go to a sport, Nascar or bullfighting event... or
Woodstock.

spatial congregation always seems to be contrary to individual freedom, even
if well educated people seem to need it.

but those prefer generally to assist to some opera house or the Wallbuhn
concerts in Berlin.

Nobody is perfect....

Pat

--
The Design-L list for art and architecture, since 1992...