Re: manneken pis

Burt Lancaster is also in one of my all time favorite
movies, Bertolucci's 1900.

"But everyone knows you can't milk an old cow." What the
young farm girl said after the Grand Pappa (played by Burt)
asked her to jerk him off. I think this occurred also during
dancing--that great scene when all the estate farmers are
enjoying their Sunday afternoon off picnicking and dancing
in the grove.

I also like AND THE SHIP SAILS ON (saw it when it first came
out, unfortunately the VHS copy at TLA/Chestnut Hill isn't
exactly perfect).

ORLANDO, so very close to divine.

on (some long ago) Monday:
"I now propose," I said, "to show you the two eccentric
fountains for which Brussels is so well known, the Spitter
and the Mannekin Pis." My aunt demurred a little at visiting
the second, but I assured her that she was unlikely to be
shocked when she saw it--its fame is worse than its reality.
--Arthur Milton, BRUSSELS IN SEVEN DAYS: A GUIDE FOR PEOPLE
IN A HURRY (1935), pp. 29-30.

and speaking of 'being in a hurry'...

Prince of Traffic
http://www.quondam.com/temp/princeoftraffic.jpg

as far as I got last night. still needs some touching up,
then on to parts 2 and 3.

[I love recycling my time away.]

--
The Design-L list for art and architecture, since 1992...