Re: [design] re: temp.moderators & archives

What are the "raw" messages that get sent to the list
like? Are any of them that bad, or are they mostly off
topic and people wanting to discuss George Bush and not
art and design? I mean some time ago I moderated an Arms
Control Discussion Forum. We had a a bad case of pournography;)
A certain sceince fiction author in the LA area who was
very pro nuclear build up would go on and on restating his
point and long winded countering every post to the contrary.
Once or twice, he or whoever was sending from email account
would insult another post in a snarly manner.

What provokes the need for moderation? I mean I have been on
a variety of mailing lists and design-l was pretty well behaved.
I mean "Rhizome RAW" got a little wild and wolly right after
the election.

Have Fun,
Sends Steve