Re: [design] guthrie decon

http://www.electronetwork.org/temp2/IMG_0101.jpg
This architecture immediately reminded me of the ancient Roman Tomb of
Eurysaces (circa 30 BC).

http://www.livius.org/a/italy/rome/porta_maggiore/eurysaces.html
http://www.livius.org/a/italy/rome/porta_maggiore/eurysaces01.jpg (enlarged
image)
http://www.sionmc.com/Rome/generalw/eury/

I see reenactionary architecturism here in a funny kind of way. Given Le
Corbusier's admiration of grain silo architectures, can the Tomb of
Eurysaces be seen as an unlikely precursor of the whole "box raised on
pilotis" paradigm? The holes in the tomb 'box' also remind me of Koolhaas'
House in Bordeaux, which is indeed a reenactionary riff off the 'box raised
on pilotis' paradigm.

[There is a reason Le Corbusier is presently staying at the W.W.II bunker at
Cape May Point.]

Brian, all the images you posted here really make me want to visit and
record the architectures of where you're at.