Re: [design] question

Thanks for the explanation, qwp.

I like your mention of the time it takes to read email, and thus perhaps the more time ideas have to sink in beyond the "sound bite." This bring to mind the time it also take to write (which Brian alluded to just the other day). The writing part is actually what I like most about listservs, because if you post a lot, the writing really does add up over the course of a year.

The insulation factor, like you say, is here, and it has always seemed to work well. Though, don't be surprised that design-l may be more read than seems evident. Maybe design-l is somewhat akin to an EcoSphere, where the interior is like the product that Arthur posted, but don't forget the notion that the EcoSphere is at the same time looked-at/watched by entities outside the EcoSphere.

Anyway, I hope you and Cheryl continue to post with some regularity. Ideas have an interesting metabolism in that they seem to nicely feed off each other.