Re: Falling. Must we fall?

Ethan,

Are you saying:
Falling is essential.
Falling is inauthentic.

Therefore (1) Authenticity/resoluteness is impossible. or (2)
Heidegger says authenticity is possible, but I can't see how it could be,
or (3) So can one be inauthentically resolute? or (4) Since authenticity
is possible, falling must cease in authenticity. There are lots of
twists to this problem, depending upon where you want to place the
emphasis. Of course in Division One Heidegger is discussing everything in
terms of undifferentiated and inauthentic dasein.

My course is on the problem of metaphysics-- metaphysics as a
problem. Pretty huge topic. I'll post my syllabus to the Yale info in
the next few weeks.

Sarah