Re: Time for Heidegger = Absolute?

On Tue, 09 Apr 1996 17:12:35 -0500 (EST), you wrote:

>This of course assumes animals don't know they're going to die, which
>is problematic especially in the case of 'higher' animals. One thinks
>of elephant post-mortum 'rituals' and the like.

Our 15 year old cat is giving a very good of imitation of being aware
that her end is near. It appears as a giving up of her established
prima donna role to one of our other younger cats and a terrible
bitterness in the eyes at times. It is difficult to describe but she
walks every day with death as her shadow. I have always found her a
rather remote cat in the past but lately we have begun to talk as we
both begin to appreciate our common end.

Jonathan Crowther
crowther@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

  • Re: Time for Heidegger = Absolute?
    • From: Micheal vanPelt, PhD