[no subject]

Complements to you all,

I have heard that Kant is, if not a sine qua non prerequisite, at least =
HIGHLY recommended to anyone who would venture into *Basic Problems of =
Phenomenology*. Is there any truth to this? And, if so, would anyone =
recommend some propaedeutic readings in Kant?

As a university freshman, I am currently reading KdrV and have =
progressed up through the Transcendental Deduction. As for Heidegger, =
besides the introduction to *Being and Time*, I have only as of yet read =
the first few sections of *Basic Problems*. I am extremely fascinated =
and excited by Heidegger's thought so far (though I hope that I am not =
just succumbing to the trap of "curiosity" (Neugier) as a mere *das =
Man*, and that, in addition, my interests are genuine).

I understand H. has written a work called "Kant and the Problem of =
Metaphysics." Would this also be recommended for a novice like myself as =
a suitable initial penetration into H's thought?

Peteris Danenbergs

  • Re: your mail