[no subject]

>Someone, I do not remember who, speaks of Heideggerean thought as being related or
>close to or similar etc to Taoism.
>If so, how does that person place Heidegger's "confrontations" in line with Tao
>thought? I sincerely do not know how one could do that.
>erik champion M.Arch
>schools of design & performing arts
>UNITEC
>tel: 64 9 815 4321 ext 7140
>fax: 64 9 846 7369
>email: echampion@xxxxxxxxxxxx

I am not the person who initially referred to Taoism in relation to
Heidegger, but I do definitely see some affinities. Please explain to
me what you mean by the word `confrontations' above.

Also, there is a good book out, _Heidegger and Asian Thought_, which
deals, in some of the essays, with this subject. If you would like, I
will supply the publisher, etc. info for you.

I think there is good reason to compare Being to the Tao. Each is the
ground of beings, neither a being. Of course, this is not the full
extent of the similarities that I see, but I must close for now.

I would like to hear whether anyone else sees/ does not see the
similarities between Heidegger and Taoism.

Shane Denson
SD19587@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

  • Re: your mail
    • From: Douglas Scott Berman