Re: man walks with forked paths

>From: pennamacoor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Michael D. Pennamacoor)

> Being needs man; man needs to question beings, needs to quest: thus Being needs
>man to quest after beings -- but in order to bring Being into the clearing cleared
>through such quests.
>
> Let us think.
>
> MP
Please tell me where the quote "Being needs man" comes from. If it is not a quote,
please explain where you have taken the paraphrasing from. I do not recall this at
all, and would have thought that Heidegger would view such talk as an
anthropological mis-take on thinking about Being.
As to thinking, I do not know where or how Heidegger could view this activity as
something collective. Perhaps you mean "Let each one of us think"? Does it not
presuppose genuine thinking about Being as individuals aware of individual destiny,
mortality, throwness etc?
erik champion M.Arch
schools of design & performing arts
UNITEC