Torn Curtain/Torment Certain/Turn Turn Turn

Speaking of the not-easy (or even desirable?) assimilation of of "the
thinking of being and East-Asian traditions, notably Zen", Michael Eldred
states:

>It is a matter of "philosophical torment" rather than pointing out
>similarities.

In the white room with black curtains we are stationed. Tom Verlaine
(Television) many years ago sang:
"torn curtain ... giving me the glance, I'm not certain..." ('Torn Curtain'
>from Television 'Marquee Moon')

It is the gaps that make The Same, not the common-nesses. What be-longs
belongs in strife, in torment, polemos. Once again my memory fails in
details but I seem to remember Heidegger stating that polemos and logos are
The Same: what pulls a-part belongs with what co-llects. The tear in the
curtain is what makes the curtain this curtain (the curtain hides what is
behind it and holds in what is before it, thus it separates and contains,
marks off and collects together). The tear gives the glance, the look. We
are looked at by what we should look at. To state, to recommend a
point-of-view, to commend a view-point, to commend a
what-is-looked-at-that-looks-towards-us. To look at what gives us the
glance. Such is torn. Torn through with the un-certain, the torn-curtain,
affording the see-through in the opacity of stuff. Affording the screaming
that settles the muzak in the lift, the wrenched labour in the commodity,
the dynamis in the stasis, the terror in the civil, the violence in the
pact.

Is it not just as much the torment at the heart of Being as the torment in
the heart of the philosopher or Zen practioner?

Is the four-fold a simple balance of the interweaved/interweaving
'participants'? Or is there a tear in the fold that rends, that rend-ers
Being? A-void-ance of the essentially-conflicting misses the manner of
void-ing itself substituting a placid vacuousness for the stilling (of the
un-stil) that is the worlding of the world. We need to think (more) the
ringing (of stillness): the sounding and the circling.

Let us peer through the tear in the torn certain.

MP