Re: Heidegger on the Cave

Sarah asked:

>I was just wondering if any of you have had a look at the transcript of
>Heidegger's 1929 gloss on Plato's allegory of the Cave. I have to teach
>this in my summer course next week and just got curious as to the way
>Heidegger approached it.

Imho it was Plato who fueled the first messianic fires in Heidi.

However, the main question is: "what did H stole from the cave ?"
- the dark light ?
- the gift of ontological-design as ontological-differance?
- ?

............. and then The War came ..................

It all came clear, die Saeuberung: Hirosjima - Aletheia.

and Plato was safely locked away in H's ever growing unconcious.
(thank Heaven for that :-)

jan