Re: Art & Metaphysics

Dear Allen,

I think we must see the shadow as a result of the light: that H.'s
remarkable ability to bring past epoches of being to "Schprace" is grounded
precisely in his essential rejection of the modern turn to subjectivity.
That is: because he has freed himself from the bounds of the cognitive
responsibility for which Husserl stood with all his cognitive and moral
comitment. His strength lies in the supression of the fully individualized
'I', because *ancient* epoches of being are heard better the less we live
the present epoch of oblivion of being; the strong sense of 'I' is being's
forgetfulness. But then: this 'I' is no longer there to distinguish
good/evil in the sense of the evolutionary stage of advanced individuation.
kind regards, J.B.A

J.Ben-Aharon
Haifa uni. Department of Philosophy
E-mail:b_aharon@netvision.