Re: Work of art and architecture

Although my question might be better received on a Wittgenstein list,
I'll pose it anyway here after reading the many interesting posts about
aesthetics and architecture, and that is:

why does aesthetics need grounding?

It appears that many of the attempts to ground architecture as recounted
by Champion have been by many lights (although this is debatable) miserable
failures (side note: I'm not sure why Derrida and Mies were linked to
Neitzsche -- Derrida's ideas have been executed by Tschumi although he's
been an influence on Eisenman (so has everything else) and Mies actually
was most influenced (philosophically) by Schopenhauer (references on
request)).

Now of course the Heideggerain reply here is to say that these theorists
have not gone deep enough into the question of the grounding of
architecture, which is fine, but I'd like to get some clearer idea of
even the hints of a satisfactory reply along these lines - precisely
because much of what has been written in theoretical circles this century
could profitably be read in a Heideggerian vein.

Thanks.
Pook