Re: A Japanese

>>But which philosopher, after Plato, had such an 'ability'? Hume? Derrida
>>(see the incredibly turgid polylogue _Cinders_)? Does thinking lend itself
>>to 'dramatization'?
>
>Nietzsche. Maybe even Hegel. And I suppose it depends on how you would
>count Sophocles (not really after Plato, but close enough).

Right, I stand corrected. I generalized more than I actually intended in my
question -- instead of 'drama' per se I was thinking of the 'genre' of the
philosophical dialogue; Sartre, Camus, Nietzsche, Hegel did not attempt
this particular literary form (unless I'm ignorant).
Indeed, the two Heidegger dialogues I've studied closely ("Japanese",
"Eroerterung zu Gelassenheit") are stilted, even contrived (though
'tedious' may be too strong a word).
Diderot was a better thinker-writer than Sartre, in my opinion (Jean-Luc
Marion describes Sartre as "the greatest French newspaperman in history").
But so were Proust and Musil. And even Thomas Mann. Not to mention Sade or
Bataille (speaking of sex and violence) ...
Cheers,
Paul